Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Zodiac Series Begins

Ok, so tonight I started with Aquarius. My son is an Aquarius so maybe that's why I started there. Who knows... seemed like a good place to start. :)

I like astrology as entertainment and find it fun to read up on it from time to time. Aquarius is the water sign of water signs. I used a purple and blue background as they represent the birthstones of both February (amethyst) and March (aquamarine). I'm keeping these paintings fairly simple in terms of the symbols, and more detailed in the background. At least, that's how I'm starting out. Might have to switch things up later if I feel the urge to do so. The nice thing is I can do this sort of thing more than once in different ways, so if I feel like trying new things, I can. :)

I'm doing them on the 4x6 boards that Dr. Joy sent. I'm hoping to find frames to fit them so they can be presented nicely and hung easily. Boards are very useful in some ways, but I'm not quite sure how to hang them... so with luck I can work it out.  I've found a place to get frames for 5x7 but sadly they don't seem to carry the 4x6. Not to worry... I have ten more months after all. :) I like shopping in thrift stores as well, and there always seems to be a plethora of interesting finds.

Anyway... can anyone else believe it's March already?? I think doing this project is making the year go by even faster. That, or having kids, renovating the basement, going to the gym, and doing this project... or maybe, just maybe, time just seems to speed up as you get older. Yup, my birthday is this month. I didn't have an issue turning 30, but  for some reason 31 feels a bit weirder. I'm going back to school this Fall... with a bunch of recent high school grads (weird), I'll be officially *in* my thirties (not old by any stretch, but still weird), and my little baby will be a whole year old this year too... so we're all growing up. How is she nine months (this Saturday) already?? Ah the joys of a busy and fulfilling life. :)

Well, I'm off to bed a fair bit before midnight tonight. Yay! It's 'only' eleven. :) So, hope you all had a wonderful first day of March... lamb or lion? I'm thinking it came in like a lamb so we may be in for some fun later on. Spring isn't too far off now! Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog