Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Anyone for Irony?

Tonight's painting is the astrological sign, Taurus. Just for fun I decided to use the Taurus symbol as the head of a matador. Complete with red flag. :) It amused me.

Getting near the end of the zodiac... just Sagittarius and Capricorn left. I'm going to do Sagittarius tomorrow night. I prepped the background for it tonight as it will need some time to dry. :)

Otherwise, not much is new. The kids are doing fine, keeping me busy, testing the limits of my patience and sanity. It seems one is capable of carrying on far past the time they thought would be too much for them. Ah the human ability to gather reserves from thin air. It makes no sense... but without it I have no idea how our species has survived. It's like the joke that if men carried the children our population would be shrinking as no one would ever have more than one baby. If we couldn't somehow carry on even when we want to curl up and cry, I'm sure toddlers would have gotten the best of us by now. :) Love them... just have to keep reminding myself that he's learning how far is too far, that I'll still love him no matter what, and that he is gaining independence. As for her, well, I just wish her teeth would come through already, and her tummy wouldn't be so full of icky gas. But oh, the smiles... it's all worth it for a flash of smile, a giggle, a hug and a kiss, an unprompted "I love you Mommy"... it's like a reset button, isn't it? If I could capture that feeling on a canvas I would... but I think it's part of the 'other' in the world. Whatever you want to call it... it's that something special that just can't be defined and if you could bottle it you'd be an instant gazillionaire. Oh yeah... it's love.

And with that thought (amongst all my ramblings) I bid you all good night. Check back tomorrow for the week's paintings. :) Oh, and tell all your friends and relations about this blog. :) Pretty please. 'Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog