Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 24, 2011

More Cool Leaves!

Ok... I am so loving this gel medium stuff! I did a sort of a companion piece to the Leaves of Spring one from a day or so ago... only this time on a 5x7 board, in purple, red, and blue. I really like the way this is turning out! Chris was saying I should do a series of paintings like this, and maybe I will. :)

One thing is for sure... I want to go out to the art store again soon. I have lots of 4x6 boards still (thanks Joy!) and several 8x10 canvasses, but I really like the smaller stretched canvasses too... and want to make sure there's a variety of options. So, perhaps I'll try to make a trip this weekend and hope for a sale or something. Even just a few to mix it up would be good. Oh, and maybe I won't be such a klutz with the wider rims... I just keep dropping my paintings! Sigh... nothing worse than finally finishing up, getting all set to go to bed, and dropping the painting on the carpet, blanket, couch, palette, whatever... so frustrating! Ah well, I've managed to avoid major disasters so far... knock on wood! Personally, I think the blanket looks better with a few dabs of paint. Chris may not agree...

I am really looking forward to posting more pictures tomorrow... very excited about this week! Also, very happy about the views today... Canada, US and Germany. :) Hello! Here's hoping lots of you come see the pictures tomorrow... that's always one of my favourite days of the week. Sharing some art and happy thoughts with the world. Good night for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog