Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Today is my Birthday!

I had a wonderful day today!

My friend Jen, who I mentioned yesterday, offered to paint today's painting so I could have a day off. That was so very sweet of her... so thanks Jen! I did start an extra one yesterday just in case and finished it this morning before I read your offer, so I do have a painting for today, but I could still use another one. :) I'm sure there'll be a time when I just can't get to it for some reason or other.

Anyway, today's painting is called "United We Stand" and is in the same sort of style as yesterday and shows two trees standing close together with their tops forming what looks like the top of one tree. You'll see a smaller version of that kind of tree in Savannah. I like those trees... maybe someday I'll go see one in person!

Speaking of traveling, one of my favourite birthday presents came from my two kids... I had a cork board and I'd been saying it'd be nice to have a world map to put on it, so I could put different coloured pins on to show where I've been and where I'd like to go. So... sure enough, with a little help from Daddy (who couldn't miss my less-than-subtle hints) I have a lovely map with many a pin in it hanging in my hall. Very exciting! I ran out of red pins though (where I want to go) so had to use yellow. Then I ran out of those and moved on to white. Guess I'd better hope I win the lottery tonight!

I have only 35 minutes of birthday left, so I think I'm off to bed to sleep those minutes away. Good night everyone... here's to another trip around the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog