Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Scorpio - Male?

I've often heard that Scorpio is supposed to be representative of the male symbol. This has been backed up by the upward pointing arrow that comes out from the M. Also, scorpions just seem intrinsically male. Weird isn't it? Cars and boats are referred to as "she" and yet I think of scorpions as "he". Maybe I should blame Hollywood for this since they made that movie The Scorpion King with The Rock. :P

Anyway... I decided to work on Scorpio with a bit of a stereotypically male bent. Lots of blues. Then I figure I'll do Virgo tomorrow with the counterpart idea... that Virgo is female and usually depicted with a woman. So I'll use some pinks. Personally, you wouldn't catch me wearing pink if I could help it, but what are you going to do? Having had a daughter I can assure you that it's darn near impossible to avoid the colour! That's another thing... why is it that a woman is the first thing we think of (as a society) when we hear virgin? Probably can pin that on Christianity and their Virgin Mary. Gentlemen, you all start as virgins too! Maybe someday I'll paint a guy and give the painting a name that references his virginity. Might make some people think about their assumptions and stereotypes. (Me too, I'm totally guilty as I've already said).

Anyway... still have a few more zodiac signs left... getting into some tough ones. I've got some ideas, but not sure my drawing skills are up to putting down on canvas what lurks in my head! I'll give it my best shot though. :)

Enough from me... I'm just going to say hello to our reader in China. :) That brings us up to eleven countries! Pretty amazing! I'll admit to some rampant curiosity as to how people are finding this blog. Don't stop though! Just wondering how it happens. :) Thanks to everyone for your support! Good night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog