Total Pageviews

Monday, March 14, 2011

Seafoam Surprise

Who would have thought that blue, green, silver and white would end up as a sort of seafoam colour akin to bridesmaid dress nightmares everywhere? I added some orange to further 'beautify' it and so we have tonight's painting "Bridesmaid Dress".

I haven't worn a bride's maid dress since I was a kid... they were green satin as I recall. Actually, as dresses go they were pretty good. Have definitely seen way worse! Why do people do that to their friends?? When I got married I asked my sister and best friend to go shopping together (they were both in another province) and find something, in blue, that looked and felt nice on both of them. Not a super easy task since one is short and the other tall. However, they found something that did look nice on both of them and I think they looked beautiful. Of course, the dress didn't get worn again, a hope that never gets realized for most people... but I think it was a good try. :) I wonder what are the ugliest bride's maids dresses... there should be a blog or photo album for those. I'd go look... if for no other reason than to get some inspiration.

I feel like I'm running out of ideas. This may be because I started late again tonight and just couldn't get anything solid in my head except for the colours I wanted to use. So... I went with the colours and tried to get the different ones to poke and peek through. I probably over did it a little so it ended up more as seafoam... but I still like it. I think I need more variety though. Hoping that with Spring coming more ideas will also come. New flowers to look at, birds, critters... rain, different weather. With luck all of those elements will spark some new stuff.

Anyway... have a lovely evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog