Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Another Experiment

And it's not a failure! Yay! I always like it when things turn out well... even when they are not at all what you had expected! I started the painting with blue, green and yellow paint, in three spots on the 5x5 canvas, mixed with the gel stuff. I'm not sure what I was going for other than to try to play around with the texture, and I figured that blue and yellow make green, so it'd probably look pretty neat. Well, it didn't exactly go as planned and I ended up with a giant mess of mostly green. Go figure. In hindsight I guess I should have figured that out! Anyway, I used my palette knife, scraped all the goo off and thickly painted the sides and did a thinner layer on the canvas face. Then I used a dry thin brush to remove paint in a leaf pattern. It revealed blue and yellow underneath from the very beginnings of my little experiment. So, it's sort of a reverse painting. Plus, I really like the way the leaves turned out in this one. Much better than yesterday's leaves, though I like the idea I had for yesterday's too. I just think today's worked better.

Anyway... so all is well in my little painting nook in the basement. It's pretty chilly down there though... I think my blanket is getting a fair amount of paint on it! Wonder what it'll be like in the summer... That's a while away though... and lots of paintings until then! Getting close to a quarter of the way through. Very exciting!

Thanks to everyone who is reading the blog and special thanks to people who pass it along... verbally, by email, facebook, whatever. The more people know about this project the more support it will get and the more support The Children's Wish Foundation will get! Let's help some kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog