Total Pageviews

Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 80!

Ok... so if I was a Jules Verne character I could have gone around the world in this time. :) Instead, I have 80 paintings! I think it's a slightly less insane venture... but only just. hehe

I think I mentioned yesterday that I prepped the canvas for tonight's painting with that texture making stuff. Nope, still don't remember the name and I am so not going all the way downstairs to check (I'm lazy). So, tonight I painted it with a silver wash, blasted the hair dryer at it (the only time that particular piece of equipment gets used other than to inflate air mattresses), and then painted some different leaf patterns on it in different colours. Again, it didn't quite turn out the way I had it in my head, but it's still interesting. Especially the textured background. Must try to play with that some more!

I called the painting "Silver Spring" because it's really starting to feel Spring like... although I've been told we're due for another bout of snow tomorrow. Ick. I am so ready for some warm air! Of course, I'm just as much of a hypocrite as the next guy, and come the end of July I'll be complaining about the heat. Spring is my favourite time of the year. It's getting warmer, things are growing, it's all good. I even like rain. If I could paint the smell of rain I totally would!

Anyway... off to bed with me... hope you had a wonderful day today and a good sleep to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog