Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Reader in Panama!

I am always so excited and giddy to see a new country pop up in the audience stats! Hello whoever is reading in Panama! Hello to everyone really... it's so amazing to think about who could be out there reading and looking at the pictures. It makes me happy!

Ok, so I've decided on a theme for this week... the seven deadly sins. :) But in a fun, cute, adorable way. Because really, why not? I thought originally about doing them with a social commentary bent. Western civilization certainly lends itself to a few, pride, sloth, gluttony... but then I figured there's enough of that out there already. So I went with cute and kid accessible. Sort of. ;)

Tonight I did "Envy". It is a green-eyed monster. The monster is a purple glow-buggy sort of creature with giant green eyes. Sort of an androgynous bug thing. I was thinking more toward a girl because it's purple, Chris was thinking of a boy, so I guess it could work for either. I think it will be a fun series... and if I do decide to tackle the more serious (and potentially cynical) aspects later, well, there are many many days left in the year to do just that.

On a side, somewhat related note... if Pride is such a bad thing, how come Sesame Street has so many video clips about taking pride in yourself and what you do? Hmm... maybe I shouldn't give the rabid masses any more reasons to try to change what was a really great show. So sad... I love Classic Sesame Street. This new version is just so... well, it's not... oh I don't know. It's a disappointment for sure. Here's to taking pride in yourself and your community and not having that be a bad thing. :)

Good night world! Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog