Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's Spring!!

The crocuses that have bravely peeked out of the ground bloomed today! Oh yeah... bring on SPRING!

I always have my birthday marked in my head as the end of winter. As it is on the calendar so it should be in Nature... at least that's what I tell myself. hehe. Sadly, I'm sure we'll have some more snow before winter is really and truly gone, but hopefully nothing major and my wee crocuses will survive.

Tonight's painting is called "Amoeba" because it's what Chris and I both thought of when looking at it. He asked if there was a particular shape I had in mind while painting, and I said a sort of star-burst amoeba thingy. So, there you go... an odd, blue/white amoeba starburst thingy on a deep brown background. It's different, but I like it. I also prepped some stuff (can't even remember what it's called now) that my friend Nikki gave me for my birthday today (she even made a cake... with m&ms!). It's supposed to add texture... which I really enjoy. So maybe now I can do it properly. Or, at least attempt a different approach. :) So, I did one 8x10 canvas with some of the stuff and will let it dry overnight. Oh, I should also mention that along with that, she gave me several canvasses and a palette that keeps your paint wet, and some knives. Yay for new paint supplies! So, thanks Nikki, Peter & Simon for the presents! They'll come in very handy. :)

Also... the blog is over 1700 now for views! So exciting... must admit that I love to see that counter climb up and up. I always check to see where in the world the views are coming from too. Love seeing new countries, and ones that have been before come again. It feels like this project might make a difference farther away from here too. I hope it'll inspire people to do something good... big or small... everything makes the world better!

And now, amazingly, I'm going to bed before eleven. It's been a wonderful birthday weekend... filled with good friends, family, and of course, paint. :) Good night everyone! Enjoy Spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog