Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sad Day

Today wasn't the happiest of days. For the most part it went quite well, but then toward the end of the day I found out that a really lovely lady who lived down the street had passed away. She was so nice. We bonded over chats about gardens (she was great, I am hopeless), kids (who doesn't love babies?) and general stuff. I was looking forward to getting to know her better... it's hitting hard that she's not just in her house like normal. Very surreal and sad. We will miss you.

As can probably be expected, I wasn't in much of a mood to paint tonight. I finished up my Pisces painting, but I can't say I love it which is an extra disappointment to me as I am a pisces! I don't know... maybe if I cheer up and look at it again tomorrow I will feel differently. At the moment things just seem sort of sad all around. I'm very lucky in that I haven't had a lot of experience with death and loss. It has mostly been limited to pets... and I find that hard enough thanks. I know it's part of life and that it is necessary... but it still hurts. I can't even begin to imagine what life must be like for people who are very ill, or have a close loved one who has to spend a lot of time in the hospital. I guess that is the case for the kids who are granted wishes through Children's Wish Foundation. I hope that this project will lead to some wishes coming true.

Before I start to tear up again I will bid you all goodnight. I hope that we will all take life's opportunities to hug and kiss our loved ones and call up a friend now and again to chat. Enjoy each other... family, friend or neighbour. We are all connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog