Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Almost A Disaster!

Oh boy... tonight was a full night! I decided to bake a double batch of my chocolate chip cookies so as to give some to our kind neighbour who passed along a whole lot of baby girl clothes, some to another neighbour who lent us the second and third Lord of the Rings movies (and who is generally a pretty great friend), and some for the family of our other neighbour who recently passed away. I don't know the family, but I thought some chocolate chip cookies might be nice for them to have all the same. Will be dropping them off tomorrow. Anyway, in between batches of cookies I was painting. I brought my stuff up to the cluttered kitchen table (I am SO bad for clutter sometimes) and decided to do an 8x10 painting of a pond. It has been in my head for awhile and I finally decided to try it. It's a pond, surrounded by green grasses with lily pads and white flowers. I think it turned out pretty well. I started with about seven different colours of blue, dabbed them on and then tried to wash them together a bit. Then the grasses, and finally the lily pads. Just as I was painting around the rim of the canvas, finishing signing it and getting ready to turn it over and give it a name (Lily Blossoms) I dropped it! And of course... it fell, face down on my palette. Big black splotch, a white splotch and a blue splotch. Sigh. Big huge sigh, and I'll confess to a teary moment. I absolutely could not believe that it happened. Of course, I did recently drop our phone in the full sink too, so it shouldn't come as too much of a shock that I'm a bit of a butterfingers these days. I did manage to pull it together, wipe off the excess paint and repair the painting... but that added some time and it's late again. I sometimes wish there were three more hours to every day!

My mom has asked me why I didn't choose to do one painting a week rather than one a day. I figured it was less ambitious, less opportunity to fundraise, and I'd probably just procrastinate and paint it in one night anyway... so why not try to really push myself. Chris asked me tonight why I don't try to find a helper or two to do a few paintings so as to have a night off. Sometimes I think that's a great idea, and other times I feel like I'd be cheating. I made this commitment and I intend to see it through. I'd love to have some people donate some art to be sold for Children's Wish though. The more the merrier! Until I clone myself though, I think I'll just keep truckin' away. As of this upcoming Saturday (my birthday!) I will have 78 paintings. Crazy!

Onward we go... until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog