Total Pageviews

Friday, September 2, 2011

Week 35 Has Arrived!

It's an uncharacteristically early post... only 4:45pm instead of the usual close to midnight Friday night posting. I came home during the day today to paint instead of studying on campus. Phew... good thing too or I never would have finished before date night tonight! Thanks to Chris for collecting the kids and giving me some extra time to paint, photograph, edit and blog. :)

So... today's painting is a 5x7 board called "Purple Puddles". It started out as an idea for flowers in a bouquet, but it just didn't end up there somehow. I think when I started doing stuff to the circles to make flowers they turned into pseudo concentric circles like raindrops make on water. So, then I thought I'd add radiating concentric circles and overlap them a little and then when it was done I thought of puddles and raindrops. But of course, in purple! So there you go. :)

With no further ado, here are this week's paintings! Oh, and we hit painting number 250 next week so that should be exciting! Stay tuned!!!

August 27 - Heliophile

August 28 - Riverside

August 29 - Harbour Town

August 30 - Rosebud

August 31 - Evening Escape

September 1 - Riot
September 2 - Purple Puddles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog