Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Ready Or Not...

Well, tomorrow is another big test day. I actually think I'm ready for it. Thanks, in large part, to studying a whole lot this weekend. Never say anything against being prepared. Anyway... so tonight was a bit of a time crunch in order to finish going through my notes one more time and then painting.

Oh, but tonight's painting... I'm fairly pleased with it! It's a 5x7 canvas and it's called "Flower Child". It's a little fairy, sort of purply-sandstone, with deep purple wings and a yellow dress. That was hard, I had done a bunch of shading for the whole fairy body before painting on clothing, and I was quite pleased with the 3D effect... and then had to paint a dress on and try to recapture that molding. Not so sure it came out as well the second time, but can't very well leave the poor sprite in the altogether! Anyway, she's hovering over a red flower and so that's why she got her name. I forgot to mention last night's title was "Lady on a Leaf"... didn't want to forget that again today!

Anyway... off to bed with me... up early in the morning to go to school. But, my classmates might be happy... I made some white chocolate/butterscotch fudge to take in. Figured it'd soften the Monday Test Day blues. :)

Happy Monday everyone and thanks for reading!! Feel free to pass along this blog to all your friends and family. It's getting into crunch time for getting the word out there and I could definitely use the help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog