Total Pageviews

Monday, September 12, 2011

Sleep is for Sissies

And I am so totally becoming a sissy! Haha... well, maybe a little.

Life is not exactly turning out the way I had planned... but then it rarely does so it shouldn't really come as a surprise. I had thought that if Chris got an 8-4 position then maybe the new system at Canada Post wouldn't affect us too negatively. Yeah. He started at 7:30 this morning and didn't get home until 9:15pm. Missed both kids, and the wear and tear on his body is getting worse. He's a trooper though and stubborn as anything. Plus he cares about his customers so he won't be slacking off anytime soon. Then, I figured I'd be dancing with the troupe this term. My plan was to stay at school and study after classes, then walk over to class. Yeah, well not only do I have a mountain of work to do, but there's no way I can stay if Chris is still working... so that plan got shot out of the water too. I haven't been to the gym in two weeks... just can't spare the time. But otherwise, school is going well, I am not finding the material difficult, just quantitatively oppressive. The kids are settling into their routines nicely, my son has finally turned the potty corner (yay!!) and my little girl gave me unprompted kisses today! SO wonderful. Really makes that sleepiness vanish. I'm making several very nice new friends at school, the teachers are pretty great, and I have a thought for my future plans... no details as of yet, but I think it could be a good avenue to pursue. :)

Tonight's painting... which I will freely admit to having painted yesterday (hey, I knew it'd be a late one tonight) is another turntable painting. I'm calling it "Spun Gold". It's black, gold, and I believe it's a cornsilk yellow... but I would have to double check to be sure. I like the way it turned out a whole lot. Wish I could keep it!

Speaking of keeping paintings... I sold one today to an old friend who lives in another province. I'll have to pop it in the mail... but that is very exciting. Thank you SO much!!! I'll save mentioning names until I have permission to do so... but a million times thank you for your generosity and support! I'm feeling positive about actually selling these paintings again. :)

So... with that up note (sometimes I can drift into too much negativity) I'm going to brush and floss and inspect my teeth (was reading about dental caries today aka tooth decay and the pictures are scary to say the least!) and then pop myself into bed! Can't even remember the last time I picked up a non-dental book to read! Hope everyone has a lovely day tomorrow!! Good night! And if you haven't brushed your teeth yet... go do it! Trust me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog