Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Riddles & Restorations

My son is absolutely loving this riddle book we got out from the library. It's a short poem/riddle with accompanying artwork and it is both clever, appealing to look at, and fun to read. It has become his new favourite book... it's going to be a fun time trying to tell him it has to go back to the library! I wish I could remember some of them off the top of my head, but I can't and they're all the way downstairs (translation: it's late and I'm not going back down there!).

As for the restorations part of this post's title, I've been studying up on my charting for tomorrow morning's test. We're looking at how to record a patient's existing restorations (fillings) and whatever might need to be done. I'm finding it very fun so far. We even get to use fancy shmancy two sided pencils for the charting. :) Ah, it's the little things sometimes, eh?

So... given that I have a test tomorrow I almost thought I wasn't going to get to a painting tonight... but I was wrong! Yay!! I painted "Tiny Turtle" on a 5x7 canvas. It's modeled on a stuffed turtle that belongs to my little girl. I love turtles. I think, perhaps I had them on the brain today as I wore my glass sea turtle pendant to school. Someday I'll go swim with them again... you know, after I've worked for awhile and saved up the money to go!

Anyway... like I said, test tomorrow at 8:30am and it's 11:30pm now, so sadly should keep it short. One of these days I'll get to write a nice big long post and talk more about the paintings, whatever headway I'm making on getting myself organized. I did email some pictures to my amazing friend Tina who has agreed to help me make a poster/leaflet thingy. Have I mentioned that I am very lucky to have some pretty awesome friends? You guys are great and you know who you are!

Well... good night... sleep well! Have a great day tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog