Total Pageviews

Monday, September 5, 2011

School Tomorrow!

Ok... so I'm totally freaking out right now... this is really happening! Tomorrow morning I will be a student again. I will drop my kids and my husband off and then I will be at the school getting all set to start this new and exciting chapter of my life! Chris just suggested I bring a book to "wind myself down" after dropping our daughter off. Hmm... is he suggesting that I might be wound up? Ha.

Anyway... that's neither here nor there when it comes to tonight's painting... so I will cease my tangential ramblings. Tonight I continued with the mixed media that is inspired by belly dance and all things sparkly. My apologies to the Tribal gals... but I'm pretty settled in the Cabaret camp. I enjoy watching good Tribal (please note the emphasis on good) just as I enjoy watching good Cabaret, but I think I'd rather see bad Cabaret over bad Tribal any day. I'm embarrassed to admit I've already forgotten the title of tonight's piece... it's about the closest to Tribal of any of them though... it's a black/gold/metallic mix and I'm quite pleased with the results. I kind of envision the set of them on a wall together. I think that would look pretty cool. Mind you, separated would be good too. :)

And now... I must get to bed... the early start is always hardest the first day, and it's been a long weekend so it'll be just that much harder. Or... I could be so hopped up with adrenalin and nerves I'll be awake all night. Oy. Guess we'll just have to see. Oh, and thanks to all the people who popped by to see the gallery for July & August... that was one big page view spike! Makes me happy! Ok... bed. Good night!! And happy first day at school for all the other students out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog