Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to School!

Today was my first day back to school since the end of April 2002. It was definitely a weird experience, but good as well. I'm very relieved to know that I am not as rare a breed as I feared I would be... you know, those "mature" students... or moms with kids... or whatever isn't fresh out of high school. Did I really sound like that so long ago?? Oh my. I met some new friends, got my locker, (I haven't had a locker since 1998, except for the gym) and got reacquanited with faculty, the classrooms, etc. Good times.

My daughter even did me a favour and didn't cry more than a minute or so when I dropped her off! I was worried I'd be a basket case for the first day... you know, back to daycare after a long weekend.... but nope. She settled right in with the balls and was doing just fine. A few brushes with bumping into her and the other babies on their hall excursions, but both times it was narrowly avoided. Phew.

Tonight I did a painting called "Hopefull" and last night's was called "Starry Night". I had forgotten what I called it yesterday... so I thought I'd mention it today. Char was excited tonight at dance class to see them and hopefully buy one... she'll have to wait until Friday! Hmm... does "Hopefull" have one l or two? It's late... and I'm doubting myself. Neither one looks right. Must be a sign to turn in... after all, I actually have classes tomorrow!

Ok, good night... thanks to everyone who wished me luck on facebook... and for all the happy greetings I got when I managed to arrive to dance class. Was feeling the love. :) Happy thoughts and see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog