Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Getting a little discouraged again...

It's hard to keep interest going in a project that doesn't seem to evolve much... but I can't help feeling like I'm fighting a losing battle. I know a lot of it is my own shortcoming in that I'm not devoting a lot of time to getting the news out there. It's a little depressing to see the numbers staying pretty much the same over days and days. Especially on a Friday and Saturday. I know the paintings aren't as different as before, but I'm still trying to make them interesting and fun. I like them... anyway... enough maudlin thoughts.

Tonight I painted a 5x7 board and called it "Sundrops". I decided to use some of the mixed media approach that Charlene inspired a few weeks ago. Only, this time I'm just using the sequins. I have an idea for a painting that if it works the way I want it to, I'm calling it Goldfish. :) Anyway... I really like the combination of paint textures and the light catching sequins. I think it's different and a pretty neat way to liven up a little space.

Earlier my parents came to town. My mom's birthday is this week (she's 29, I swear) and so I made some supper and birthday cake. I even managed to time it all so it was done at the same time! This is no small accomplishment in my world. :) I made ginger, maple salmon and lemon herb salmon, with my roasted garlic/curry veggies and corn on the cob (which they brought down with them). For dessert, my dad's favourite, chocolate marble cake. You might wonder why I made my dad's favourite when it was my mom's birthday... well, mom's not much of a cake fan... or a dessert eater of any kind (wish I was more like that!) so she said I should gear it to the boys. Well, my boys are definitely cake fans! So, there you go... it all worked out well, and everyone (except my daughter who refused all the veggies) seemed to enjoy it. :) I'm a domestic goddess after all. LOL. Not so much!

And now... it is time to slip into bed and collapse. Midnight is coming and I'll turn into a pumpkin if I'm not careful! Have a great night and enjoy the rest of the weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog