Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bad Drivers Everywhere

Ok... picture this if you will... I'm driving into school this morning with my little girl in her carseat (she was a fuss-free angel!). We get to the Burnside exit and traffic on the highway pretty much comes to a stop. Seems there's a motorcycle accident by the tolls. Ok... first thought: Hmm... I wonder if I will be late for my test. Second thought: I wonder if the motorcyclist is ok. Third thought: What ARE these idiots doing??? Yup, in true western fast-paced to the point of idiotically impatient fashion, people were veering out onto the shoulder and zooming up the line. Just where are you going I wondered. And seriously?? You can't just wait a bit to get there safely, legally, and without possibly causing a second (third, or fourth) accident? It did take me a very long time to get to school... pretty much only had time to hand over my baby to the daycare people (thankfully it was morning snack time so she was good to go) and then scurry upstairs to get my stuff for my test. Phew. By the time I made it to the tolls I heard the radio announcer say it was all backed up to Main St (a whole lot farther) and that there had been an accident on the MacDonald bridge. Probably by people trying to hurry and find another route instead of just taking the necessary amount of time. Stupid.

So... back to the cyclist... didn't see them at the accident site. Did see a bike, but it didn't look to be in bad shape, so it either wasn't the one in the crash, or the crash wasn't too bad. I don't know... but I hope they are ok and if they are not then my condolences to the family. I just focused on the fact that while inconvenient, I wasn't the one in the accident and I was sure going to try to keep it that way. Arrive alive is a great mantra for those situations. There is very little in our lives that can't be accommodated. Inconvenience is not that big a deal. Especially when you're thinking about the alternative.

I have a test tomorrow... had two today... and a doozy of a test on Monday. Bottom line, I was up late studying and didn't make it downstairs to paint today. I'm hoping to catch up tomorrow. Sorry for the less than daily painting, but it just can't be helped. I'm hoping that after Thanksgiving it'll be easier!

Have a great day tomorrow... thanks for reading my rant.. and drive safely! Good night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog