Total Pageviews

Friday, September 9, 2011

36 Weeks!

This week had a theme... and it was all mixed media. I used acrylic paint with beads, sequins, fabric trim, bindi and more to create a bellydance theme. Charlene, a fellow dancer and friend, suggested it last Saturday night as we were attending a fringe show put together by Cabaret Serpentine (Laura Selenzi & Monique Ryan) and special guests. So... it totally fit given the night's activities... and I went with it. I also decided to incorporate a rainbow idea just because I like them. :)

Tonight's painting is called "1001 Shimmies" for Laura who has some of the most amazing shimmies I have ever seen and had the pleasure of learning (though I don't do them nearly as well). The way the light hit the beads made me think of the shimmies, and it is also the title of one of her workshops which a number of the troupe attended recently.

Well, no more from me... I'm attempting another earlyish night. So far not having too much luck with that, but as the Barenaked Ladies said, "who needs sleep?" Good night and enjoy the paintings!


Sept 3 - Mesmerize

Sept 4 - Spotlight

Sept 5 - Starry Night

Sept 6 - Hopeful

Sept 7 - Sparks

Sept 8 - Dazzler & Hoops
Sept 9 - 1001 Shimmies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog