Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Two in One

I did two paintings today! One will be for today, called "Riverside" and the other will be held in reserve for a time where I'm unable to paint. Because, as the start of school draws nearer, I'm coming to realize that is a likelihood rather than a mere possibility. I will still do my best to do one a day since that has been my goal from the start.

Both paintings are on 5x7 boards... got a sweet deal at Michael's and just couldn't pass them up! I like this one a fair bit, though I think the 4x6 in the same vein that my aunt Leslie purchased was better. I know I shouldn't say such things... but it's the truth. However, sometimes I look back at a painting I've disliked at the time and liked it later, so who knows. It's all a matter of personal opinion anyway, right? The other, to be used later, was based on a suggestion by Chris. He was all about the swirls today so I went with that. Swirls and colours. Good times.

I can't believe it's Sunday night already... where did the weekend go? My son was a little under the weather all weekend... not sure if he's better yet or not. Hoping so... no major incidents or anything, just a bit of upset tummy... so here's hoping a good night's sleep does the trick. My little girl had a nice long nap yesterday, another long nap this morning, and after chatting to herself for a bit, another longish nap this afternoon! Hmm... maybe the early mornings and next to nothing naps at daycare are wearing her down a bit? Otherwise she's happy and behaving as usual. We'll have to see what tomorrow brings... it's back to daycare for her and I'm worried she's not going to be pleased. Chris is still sick... those colds of his sure do linger... but he's off to work as well tomorrow. I'll probably get some more studying done. Yup, school hasn't started yet but I'm already hitting the books. Pick a tooth, any tooth, and I'll tell you what the notation for it looks like in three different systems. Booyah. :)

Hmm... maybe tomorrow I'll paint teeth. Maybe not. Have a great night and if Irene treated you worse than us, hope you're all doing ok now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog