Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Beautiful Day

Well, finally! A beautiful day... lots of sunshine, absolutely no rain... it almost feels like summer. We had a birthday party to go to this afternoon for my good friend Nikki, and after that I delivered some umpteen zillion cookies to our friends and neighbours who got married this afternoon. Combine that with a father/son swimming lesson, an earlier than usual trip to the gym, and my daughter's weird nap schedule and it made for a busy and unpredictable day. But it was a good day. I fell asleep watching a movie... but a good day nonetheless.

Tonight's painting is called "Quiet Night" and is on a 4x6 board. I saw a brief image at the start of the movie with a blue/pink sort of sky and decided to try to paint something like it. I also painted a spot on our carpet in the process. Clumsy me, dropped my brush! Ah well... it's a darkish colour carpet. :)

As I said, I fell asleep during the movie which is not a regular occurrence for me, so I'm going to pop myself into bed as early as I can and hopefully make up for some lost sleep. With the start of childcare it seems that the weekends are being crammed full of stuff we need to do, and probably overcompensating a bit for time we aren't spending with the kids. I kinda miss my boy. But, he is loving daycare and I'm sure it's good for him so it's ok... but yeah, there are a lot of extra hugs and kisses these days. Anyway... to bed, to bed, to bed. Good night!

1 comment:

Search This Blog