Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 18, 2011

And We're Off!

I insist on happiness so I will absolutely not wallow. That's what I told myself yesterday and I am happy to report that I stuck to it! I figure, I will focus on the positive aspects of the trip to the doctor and re-focus my efforts in other areas. So yeah... bring it on. I can take it. :)

Today was a pretty good day. The kids are good, a little sniffly, Chris is a lot sniffly, and I, as usual, seem to be cold-symptom free... so yay for the little things. Um, that is, for me... at least the kids don't seem to be too bad... Chris usually gets hit a bit harder with the colds and they tend to last for awhile. Sucks that he got sick now, since his work is going to be awfully suspicious if he stays home on a Friday. Well, his plan is to go, and we'll reevaluate when he has to get up at 4-something this morning. He's already fast asleep in bed and I'm trying to type quietly and quickly... not two things that go together!

Tonight's painting is a 5x7 board... with a sandstone background and black flowers. That sort of sounds weird, and I suppose to some it is, but I wanted to go with suggestion rather than realism, and I like some of my flower doodles. So, I thought I'd do a "Bouquet" of flowers...  you know, of sorts. Anyway... you won't have too long to wait to figure out what it looks like because tomorrow is Friday! Picture day! I honestly cannot believe a whole week has gone by already. This year just keeps speeding up... do you realize there are actually Hallowe'en things in stores already? Yeah... we haven't even gone back to school yet... and the retail world has pushed on to October. Just insane. Slooooow down and smell the black flowers. :) Hmm... maybe that's why I painted them tonight... who knows? :) Have a great evening and take a moment tomorrow to appreciate the here and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog