Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 13, 2011

You Know You're a Redneck When...

You forget to put sunscreen on your back & shoulders and come home with a perfect impression of your swimsuit... in reverse. Good times. I missed a patch on my son's elbow too (he was quite the squirmy little guy) and so he has an oval sunburn. My daughter seems to be ok. Guess I slathered her up to satisfaction! I had a very good visit with my parents today, even got the kids in the pool, though it was a bit chilly. They conked out super fast on the drive home, and to be honest, I was fighting pretty hard to stay awake myself. Not good when you're the driver! We (obviously) made it home ok. :)

Today was a bit of a whirlwind to be sure. Chris went in to work to help with the re-organization of the depot in preparation for this big changeover. (grr to the situation). Anyway.... he put in a full 8 hours there and we managed to pick him up on the way home. Then I whisked myself off to karate class down at Point Pleasant Park... so nice to be down by the water. Makes messing up inside and outside blocks just a little bit easier to deal with when you can look out at the ocean. Then home to paint, eat some supper, watch a bit of a movie and go to bed earlier than usual. Yay! We have more outdoor fun planned for tomorrow too. Must make the most of these rare rain-free days.

Tonight's painting was hard to name. It's sort of a whirlpool, vortex-y swirly thing in autumn colours. I really don't know what to call it. I just felt like using those colours and it just became what it was... hmm... maybe I should (in a nod to Nikki & Bee) call it "Organic". Yup... ok, there you go. That's the name. Chris said it made him think of the colours you see when you rub your eyes. I don't personally get that connection, but I think I know what he means.

Anyway... in an attempt to actually get to bed earlier I'm going to go now... the count was at 4392 when I last checked... here's hoping we hit 4400 by the morning. :) Without hitting refresh please Clifford. ;)

Share the happy with your friends and family.. co-workers... complete strangers even. Just spread the word and we'll help out some kids! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog