Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Two Weeks To Go...

...  until I'm a full time student again! Time is flying by! This project has sped up the year... but there were little milestones along the way that seem to be zipping by too. It's funny how we sort of divide the year up with events, or special days. It's easy to think of things as being far off in the future because they're after such-and-such a thing... but then that thing happens and you realize that oh my gosh... now the big thing is so much closer. This year had a few big things already, my kids' birthdays, a wedding and big trip, starting daycare, starting school... it's crazy how it all seems so unreal until it's looming right in front of you. Then it's almost too big a shock to process and then it's suddenly the new way of life. A big routine change happens and then it's "normal". Although, I'm not sure I'm quite used to getting up at 5:20am yet! Anyway... today I picked up my student card, and turned it into a U-Pass and a library card... so it all feels a lot more real and imminent. Then, after pacing up and down the halls a zillion times I figured out the route from daycare to classroom, bookstore, cafeteria, gym, and front entrance (coffee shop and the library). So... I figure I'm pretty set to start. :)

Went up to my parents' house today for a big family visit/dinner. That was eventful. Dinner was delicious, the kids loved the pool and a blow up boat filled with a little water on the grass, and except for my son being a tad difficult at departure time (and getting home later than usual) it was great to see my sister and aunt who are both in town this week. Going to squeeze one more visit with Steph in before she goes home... wish it could be more...

Tonight I painted an 8x10 canvas with a thick two-tone orange background, and then a black/white tree in the foreground. It's inspired by "Avery's Tree" but done in black and white and shades in between. Maybe it's a lingering Jack Layton inspiration as well. But trees seem hopeful and if not timeless then at least very enduring.

In other news Chris is still under the weather... poor guy, colds really hit him hard. He's been pretty great though... not whiny and not wimpy. Certainly doesn't shirk when it comes to caring for the kids and helping me. It helps that he's an amazing dad and loves his kids so very much. I think he's even fond of me. ;) So, here's hoping he gets a good night's sleep and feels better tomorrow. I think his guilt at missing work is eating at him. He's so not a sit and rest kind of guy... love you honey! Feel better soon!

As for everyone else... hope you are happy and healthy! Have a great night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog