Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Starlight, Starbright

First star I see tonight... Wish I may, Wish I might, have the Wish I Wish tonight.

I hope that we can help grant a lot of wishes for some kids. That's what this project is about. I really want to make a positive difference in the world and I think that a lot of people do too. There's so much negativity out there that we need to infuse the world with some positive energy. It's like that idea that you are in control of your own happiness. The master of your destiny... or something like that. If you only dwell on the negatives you will miss out on all the wonderful parts of your day and your life. For so many sick kids, it's probably really easy to get stuck in the bad stuff... so help me raise some funds to give them some good. Maybe even some amazing. No one has to solve all the world's problems on their own, but just imagine what we can do with little steps.

Tonight I decided to paint a fairy with butterfly wings. She's a bright light in the night, flying through the darkness by the light of a tiny but powerful star. A small thing is still beautiful and amazing despite its size. I called it "Starlight" and I think it's a great image for how I've been thinking lately. It's easy to sink, and harder to find the tiny brightness that exists. Once you find them... a whole world opens up to you. And... once you get into the habit of searching for the good stuff it becomes easier to see. Just like when you look up at the night sky and as your eyes adjust you can see even more stars are out there.

So... do have a good night... and take some time to think of a few good things about the day, and also to maybe shoot for a fresh, positive perspective on your life... no matter what you may be going through there is always some good in it. Even if you just need a moment to adjust your vision to be able to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog