Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sooo sleeeeepy

Up far too late again...

Had a Hafla to go to tonight... love performing so I couldn't miss that opportunity! So nice to see people I haven't seen in awhile and to share our love of belly dance! The flip side was I got home late and had to finish last night's painting and do one for tonight.

Well, I managed to finish last night's... and got most of tonight's done but finally gave up when I realized I was staring at it more than painting it... will hopefully get more on the ball tomorrow night! It's picture night after all.

Anyway, tonight's painting is (going to be) called "Acceptance" and I think I must be in a mood to share my desire for equality, respect, tolerance, and acceptance that we should have for everyone, no matter what. With everything that goes on out there in the world it seems like we should have learned a few more important lessons... and it just doesn't seem to have gotten through to everyone that we are all deserving of respect and fairness. If we followed the whole "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" idea, regardless of religious affinity, then I think we'd be in a much happier place. Ah well... small steps, right?

Oh... and thinking of small things... here's one thing that drives me bonkers. If you pass someone in a hallway, or on a sidewalk, or whatever... it will not hurt you to acknowledge that person's presence. Maybe make eye contact, smile, say hello... you're not having a lengthy conversation where you bare your soul or anything... just noticing they are there and being polite and friendly. It always annoys me when people stare resolutely forward as though I'm not even there. I had a boss once who did that to just about everyone in the building. It's just plain rude. People on the street, or at the campus, or wherever... if you are passing someone else, why not brighten their day and yours by at least noticing they exist. Smile. It won't hurt, I promise.

See you tomorrow for picture day... week 34, sheesh... and in the meantime, be kind to your global roommates. Let's make a positive difference for everyone. :) Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog