Total Pageviews

Monday, August 22, 2011

Goodbye Jack

Mr. Jack Layton will be missed. He was an inspiration and my sincere condolences go to his family and friends.

Tonight I painted a 5x7 canvas to mark the occasion and to make a nod to the iconic imagery from the election this year. Pretty much everyone who uses Facebook (at least Canadians) will have seen the sea of orange and also the orange squares with a luxurious white moustache. I attempted a silhouette with that moustache and called it "Jack".

In other, happier news, my daughter seems to like her new daycare... her first orientation day was today and so far we're quite pleased. Tomorrow she gets to try being there for the morning without me... that'll be interesting... so we will see how it goes. And... after the morning I'm picking up the kids and going to visit my parents, my sister, my aunt, my brother, his girlfriend and her son. Should be quite the family event! So... thinking positive and looking forward. :)

Good night...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog