Total Pageviews

Monday, August 15, 2011

What a Fantastic Day!!!

So... today started a little bumpy... spent quite a bit of time on the phone with customer service reps who were obviously following their script and not really understanding or responding to what I was actually saying... but from there it just skyrocketed through the roof! After just a few minutes on the phone with a sales rep at the store where we bought our dishwasher I had a new dishwasher on the way with absolutely no trouble at all, then my little girl had a fabulous nap, my doc's office called to tell me I will see a surgeon well within the next five years (actually her guess was within the week)... turned out I only waited another seven minutes. Yup, seven. Then the surgeon's office called and I'm booked in for a consult this Wednesday. Yeah, as in less than 48 hours from now. Even if the guy tells me I'm out of luck... I'm still getting a chance to talk with him! May not sound like much, but it's super exciting in my world. :) Then Chris got home earlier than expected, cooked a pretty tasty dinner, and went off to the gym. Came home happy and we went through our massive piles and piles of kids books and now have a box and a large bag to donate to the daycare if they want them, or anyone else who might be short of a few dozen kids books. Yes, we're bibliophiles. :)

I'm pretty much full of happy right now... so much that I think I can actually feel it whizzing around inside and shooting out to infect others with happy. It's so easy to pay the happy forward... little things like smiling and saying hello and how are you... makes a big difference. :)

As for tonight's painting... well, maybe it wasn't my best... it was one of those nights where it just doesn't feel quite right and then when you try to "fix" things it goes a little more awry. Perhaps I peaked earlier in the day! It's a bunch of daisies (my favourites)... and I called it "Daisy Mae". Not sure why... but it just kept jumping into my head and pushing out the other ideas I had... so, without any rhyme or reason, that's what it is now called. It's on a 4x6 board (thanks again Joy!).  Well, out of 365 paintings some of them have got to be, well, not my favourites... but I think I'll have to look at it again tomorrow before I decide if it's a dud or not. And hey, someone else may really like it... so keeping an open mind is good. :)

I'm off to bed... going to go buy my school textbooks tomorrow... twenty-one days to go! Have a great night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog