Total Pageviews

Friday, August 5, 2011

Week 31 - It's Picture Day!!

Thirty-one weeks... well now, that's a lot of painting. :)

Today was a great day! I started off with a drop off at the daycare, my son was off and running in moments... followed by a quick stop at Rona to scope out some bathroom reno stuff. Don't you just love it when those renovations creep up and surprise you? I'm just hoping the damage to the floor is minimal. Cross your fingers! The staff there were very nice and helpful so thanks ladies & gents. :) Then... a visit with our daughter's sitter (our lovely neighbour). Dropped off some supplies there and then we went over to Halifax to meet my parents at Wizard Optical on Spring Garden. I cannot say enough good things about the staff there! Prices are great, the staff are really wonderful, both professionally and personally, and the location is good too... easy to get to. Anyway, they both have snazzy new specs on order so all is good there. Then we went to Gatsby's (right next door) and had a great lunch there. The staff there were super nice... made my girl some chicken and steamed veggies even though there wasn't a "kids menu". Just really good to us. So... that was a great morning... then went and picked Chris up from his overtime. Home to decorate my good friend's birthday cake (hope it tastes good!) and bake a zillion cookies. Picked my son up (turns out he missed us a bit during the day today and yesterday, but he's a trooper) and had a great chat with his teachers. They are SO nice there! Had a yummy supper of leftover spaghetti and then some playtime before bed. Now... here's the uber highlight of the day... my daughter (finally) took her first two steps!!! This is something I've been anxiously waiting for... and worrying more and more that I would miss. Chris had her in her sleep sack and I was sitting down in her room ready to give her a good night bottle and she was just so excited to come see me that Chris stood her up and she took a step or two with his help and then just kept going on her own... with a huge smile on her face! LOVED IT!!! So... we were both there for our son's first step and now we were both there for our daughter's first. Couldn't ask for much more than that!

Anyway... enough about me and my life... on to the pictures!! I sense a butterfly theme toward the end of the week. :) Enjoy!

July 30 - Little Miss Daisy

July 31 - Orange Haze

August 1 - Stained Glass

August 2 - Yellow Sky

August 3 - Butterfly

August 4 - Wings of Sunshine
August 5 - Splash of Colour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog