Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fun In The Rain

Well, today started out less than great... I was still feeling icky from being sick all night long. On the bright side, whatever bug it was decided I wasn't all that enjoyable to torture and moved on. So... started to feel better. :) We went to the library this morning and borrowed some books and dvds... some kids stuff, some for us... and the kids actually played well together with the library toys. You know, for a bit. Then, after a successful nap time we got our photos together and went to the mall to get prints done. That turned out to cost more than Chris thought and about what I thought... but it was a sticky moment because I had hit "checkout" while the boys were in the bathroom. Whoops. I guess we need to work on our communication skills a bit more. Had some supper and some play time... then popped the kids off to bed. Down the stairs I went to paint and Chris followed soon after. Watched some of the IT Crowd (great show by the way) and painted away.

Tonight's painting is called "Little Miss Daisy" because it's of a daisy (with a lot of thick, wet, overlapping paint) and Chris said he thought it reminded him of the Little Men books. That might be because we borrowed one of them  from the library this morning! At any rate, that's where the title comes from. I like those books... I think they're cute. :) It's a 4x5 stretched canvas and I think it turned out pretty well. It was definitely an experiment... could go either way when that happens... but I like it.

Here's hoping it does not rain tomorrow... I don't mind rain much... but we have a family outing planned. It would be nice if it doesn't get rained out! Enjoy your long weekend! Good night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog