Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 28, 2011

So close to 4100...

I do so love watching those numbers climb! Thanks everyone for reading and participating... and hello to our newest "follower"... a fellow belly dancer! Great to see you Angela and thanks for reading. :)

Well, this whole son in daycare thing is pretty cool in some ways. This morning my little girl and I hit the mall with my friend Nikki and her son... did some window shopping... and all I ended up buying was a short hot chocolate and a snack at Starbucks. Then... after meeting Chris for lunch I ended up doing quite a bit of painting while nap time was going on. Prepped three paintings... and then finished them after dinner tonight! That is pretty rare in my world. The extra bonus is that I like them all. The extra extra bonus is that my son is so totally loving his daycare! I cannot say enough good things about it so far. I'm really impressed with the staff and the facility. Love that I can see the backyard from my backyard (though it gets harder when the trees have leaves). As we were leaving the house to pick him up we could actually hear the laughs and chatter of the kids outside playing. Yay!

So... you might have noticed that I've been painting a bit more these days... I don't want to think about missing days... but with school starting soon I'm thinking my workload may be a bit more than I can handle. What? I'm *not* superwoman? Hmm... perhaps not. Anyway... I thought that while I had some time now I would do a few extra paintings just in case an odd night pops up where I have to make a choice between school stuff and painting. Here's hoping it doesn't happen too often! I have a little stash going right now... I'll include pictures of them when and if a day pops up where I don't manage to paint. Otherwise... you'll have to remain in suspense.

Tonight's painting (officially) is called "Dragonfly at Dusk" and is purple and pink in the background with a teeny dragonfly perched on a stalk of a plant. Please don't ask what kind of plant... I don't know... I just made it up. :) I also did a little monarch butterfly and an abstract painting in browns and yellows. You'll see those later.

For now... must go to bed. I was falling asleep on the couch at 7:00pm tonight. Chris chuckled at me... said I must not be used to these early mornings. The sick thing is, it's not even that early yet... eventually I'll have to get up at, gulp, five... ish. Sigh. It'll be worth it... the stuff that's truly worth it doesn't always come easy. Right? Anyway... good night... come back tomorrow it's picture day! Thirty weeks and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog