Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 10, 2011

And We're Back!

Ok, so technically we were back last night, but there was so much going on and it was a very long day so I didn't paint. I'm all good today though!

The trip was amazing... a gigantic whirlwind of course... always is... so many wonderful people to visit and we never have enough time to see everyone. We did get to the wedding... awesome wedding! Met some of Rachel's family... very cool brothers and parents... wish I could hook her two single brothers up with my friend Shannon and my sister Steph. Hmm... maybe I'll dabble in some amateur matchmaking... or maybe I should stick with painting.

Tonight I finished up the three wedding themed paintings... "Groom", "Bride", and "Two Hearts As One". Those are all small boards... can't remember if they're 4x6 or 3x5... and... I did the first of another week long series of turntable paintings. I've decided to shoot for a rainbow so today I did mostly red, tomorrow will be orange, and so on. My mother-in-law has donated a bunch of her watercolour paintings to help cover my absence from the last two weeks. I had done a few paintings ahead of time, so those plus her paintings (I wish I could do watercolours that well!!) should cover the time no problem. Unfortunately, in all the craziness of transporting children to and from the wedding at the Mayberry's amazing home, the paintings got left there. My in-laws did collect them and will mail them to us so all will be well. :)

Now I'm going to call it a night and tend to my sick husband and probably sick son. Looks like a visit to the walk-in for us in the morning. Good night everyone... I enjoyed the brief pause in the project and have picked up some new ideas... and I'm very happy to be at it once more! To think I almost missed having paint flecks permanently under my fingernails. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog