Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Late Night, Early Morning

I suppose by default every night must be late and every morning must be early... otherwise how on earth would the world work? I wouldn't get anything done if I got up at 11 and went to bed at 7. Guess that's why those numbers are reversed! Although... with all the schedule changes coming up it's probably going to be more like going to bed at 1am and getting up at 5am. Ick. It's ok though... I did it to myself. And... maybe it won't be that bad.

Tonight's painting is inspired by a piece of jewelry again... though after painting it, it made me think of Mexico. Maybe that's because I used silver and turquoise for part of it. I called it "Beach Magic" and it's a 5x5 stretched canvas. I really like the texture of the purple part... though we'll see if it sticks around after drying. I also really really like the silver and turquoise swirls. It did take longer to paint than I thought it would. Ah well, best intentions!

Tomorrow my son is going to daycare for orientation day number two... this time he gets to stay all morning *and* have lunch with them. Very exciting. He did really really well today... was all "see ya later Mom, I'm going to go play"... and then when I came to pick him up about an hour or so later he was "no... I do NOT want to go home". Yay! I'm so glad that he's enjoying it and that the people there are so nice and thoughtful to help us out with the transition. It's more than I expected and it's so very appreciated. I told my son that there are three rules to daycare: 1. Use his good listening. 2. Practice good sharing. 3. Have a whole lot of fun! I think he's going to do just fine. :)

Anyway... that's all from me... another early start to the day tomorrow. But... could everyone send me some happy 8-4 vibes... that's the time slot I'd like my husband to be able to choose at work. Here's hoping! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog