Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Busy Day!

Ok... so if you haven't noticed already, I've updated the catalogue (found on the right hand side of the page) and also added a gallery of all the paintings in May and June. The dates in June end on the 24th because that's when we left for vacation. When I get the holes filled in I will update it again. :)

Wow... that was quite a bit of work... but worth it.

I like tonight's painting quite a bit. It's a 4x5 board (so was yesterday's, oops) and I called it "Contemplation". It's a pregnant woman kneeling by a tree. I was thinking about those quiet moments when you can feel the baby moving around, and you haven't quite gone crazy with the waiting. After I painted it I started thinking about all the different thoughts a pregnant woman may have before giving birth. Some happy, perhaps some not so much. So, I guess it's whatever you want to make of it. I thought Contemplation was a good title since if it's your first time around, or maybe it wasn't quite in the plans, or perhaps there are complicated circumstances, it can cover a wide range of thoughts and emotions. That way it might work for any viewer.

Anyway... I had a great day today and I'm hoping tomorrow is just as good. :) Have a great night and hopefully you'll go check out the updates. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog