Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pretty Rainbows

So tonight was green... I called it (I think) Spring Garden... or something like that. Honestly, I don't remember. Yeesh... pretty sad, eh? I blame my amnesia on a long semi-rough day with my three year old. I swear that boy searches out every button and limit I have just to mash on them with all the volume and energy a little cyclone can muster. Thought I was going to lose it a few times. Held it together... but there were a few rough patches. He got sent to his room before breakfast (never a good start to a day) for hitting... and he proceeded to shriek and scream and cry for what seemed like hours, but was likely only about fifteen or twenty minutes. Anyway... he calmed down and we patched things up... for a bit anyway. Thankfully the hitting thing has all but disappeared. Oh that drives me nuts. I know it's pretty normal for little kids to lash out a little physically when they're frustrated and angry, but it's one of those red-hot buttons for me. I do not tolerate it. Not even a little. Anyway... for the most part the day improved from there... My little girl is teething again... can't wait for tooth number three. She's 13 months old already! Where are the teeth?? Sigh. I want her to walk so badly too... I'm getting scared I'm going to miss her first steps if she waits too much longer. I think that would break my heart to have a caregiver tell me she started to walk and I missed it. I missed her first and second rollovers and that made me tear up... imagine what missing her first steps would do?? Yup... I'm a sap. Proud of it too. ;)

Anyway... I'm not sure what Friday will bring in terms of picture posting. I forgot to bring home the watercolours my mother-in-law did, and some of those were to cover the trip time... so I guess we'll be a little patchy until they arrive. I have some paintings I did ahead of time... so hopefully that will help. I'm getting more um, encouragement? to have more help in getting the 365 paintings finished. Especially for the Fall when I become a student again. I guess it might become necessary, but my stubborn streak is trying really hard to refuse that. I don't know... what do you guys think? Is it cheating or ok? The money is going to Children's Wish either way... but it seems to me like I'm copping out on part of the personal challenge aspect. Hmm... don't quite know what to do. I think I'll still plan to do all of them one way or the other. All help and donations are of course, more than welcome. The more the merrier!

I do have to update the galleries and the catalogue... must make a plan to do that. It's almost 11pm so it won't be tonight (where have I heard that before?) but I promise to do it soon. It'll be a priority.

Otherwise... practiced my karate and belly dance today... got the old dance recovered and the kata memorized. The new dance is still hard since it was only one class and I don't have the music drilled into my brain yet... but it'll get there. :) Love it!! Oh, and my dance teacher posted the sweetest thing on my facebook wall last night. :) Made me smile a lot! So glad to be back!!

Yup, I'm in a babbling mood tonight it seems... well, off to bed I go for now. Will do some updating and stuff hopefully before Friday. Will try to post early on Friday since we're braving the madhouse that is the opening night of Harry Potter. Why? Because we're certifiably insane! Oh, and I'm an addict. :) Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog