Total Pageviews

Monday, July 18, 2011

Wicked Watercolours!

First off I'd like to send a sincere thank you to my mother-in-law, Katherine, for her very kind and generous donation of nine watercolour paintings of her very own. We have two of her paintings up in our house and we're big fans. :) I am so not a watercolour painter... it's usually a disaster when I try... but these are very cool. Mostly nature, trees, that kind of thing... but all very beautiful. I didn't get a chance to photograph them today (my three year old was so being a three year old!) but will definitely try to get them pic'd and posted for this week. :)

Tonight's painting is of a wolf howling at the moon. Not a very original pose, but I thought of it and couldn't get it out of my head so I ended up giving it a whirl. I think next time I'm going to find a picture of a wolf instead of trying to go from the vague fuzzy thought in my head. Oh three dimensional animals... you are the bane of my, um, evening. Anyway... it's a 4x6B and I think despite my difficulties, it's pretty clear that the animal is dog-like in nature at the very least. :) It's called "Goodnight Moon"... yup, you can tell I have small kids, eh?

Special family news... my sister is a home owner... or will be at the end of September! SO excited for you Steph!! This sounds like a visit is in order. :) Yay!!

To everyone else out there... thanks for reading and I'll be back again tomorrow for more painting fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog