Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mornings are not my friends

I will be the first to admit that I was once a... morning person. Yup, I would get up ridiculously early and be totally fine with it. Now? Well, let's just say that getting up at 7 is the earliest I would ever want to rise. Ever. And even then, it's tough. Made better by a little boy whispering "It's a seven Mommy, it's a seven" in reference to the digital clock. However... the time draws near when I will not only be fully awake at 7, but I will be leaving the house, showered, fed, two kids ready and a husband good to go. How will this happen? Oh I have no idea!! I think there will have to be a drastic upswing in the pre-prep and organization portion of my evening. It will be ok. I'll just keep repeating that to myself! Be prepared to have somewhat shorter blogs after Labour Day though... we'll see how it goes.

Tonight's painting is an 8x10 called "Shattered Glass" and is inspired by my "Stained Glass" painting from last week (see top left of the blog). I like it. I think I even did a better job of the black lines... though the varying widths of the first one were more interesting.

I got a message from my sister-in-law today about the recent rash of butterfly paintings. She's a bit of a fan of butterflies... hmmm... maybe that should read fanatic? But in a good, non-crazy way. Actually, I really like the little butterfly touches she has around her apartment. I stole some of the ideas for paintings too... although I haven't used them all yet. There's still time! Anyway, Alexis, if you're reading... I'm glad you like them and the message was a nice boost to my late-night mood. :)

Speaking of late nights... it's off to bed for me. Phew, 11:30pm. And apparently Gemini is doing something funny in the sky so things are supposedly all wonky... horoscopically speaking. We'll see how it all plays out. :)

Good night and hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow!! AND... a good morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog