Total Pageviews

Friday, February 18, 2011

Week Seven Already?

Wow. Seven weeks of painting done! I can hardly believe it!!

A special thank you today to Katy from Halifax. She found my Kijiji ad and responded to it yesterday. I went to meet her and she very kindly donated six canvasses, two of which are super cute little guys. It's random acts of help and support like hers that makes this project extra special. :) So, thank you again Katy!

Tonight's painting was hard to think up. I sat and stared at the 6x6 canvas for a long time before deciding to do one of a little child in the rain with an umbrella. It's called "Puddle Jumper" and it's inspired by life events. Again, having some difficulty with shading and such... haven't ever tried to paint an umbrella before... that was interesting. :) I like the way the rainy sky turned out though.

So the part most of you check in weekly for... the pictures of the week's work. You can click the captions to go to the relevant posting... and as a special bonus, I'm going to include links to all of the picture posts in case you want to quickly go back and see... saves going through the blog list in the sidebar. My apologies for the ones that are slightly out of focus... I can't find my battery charger for my good camera so had to make do with the point and shoot. Hope you enjoy!

Feb 12 - Three

Feb 13 - Out on a Limb

Feb 14 (painted Feb 15) - Valentine

Feb 15 - Arvak & Alsvid

Feb 16 - Two Roads

Feb 17 - Daisies

Feb 18 - Puddle Jumper

3 comments:

  1. I love your weekly galleries.

    And the one of Mo made me tear up again just a bit... He is already muchly missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a side note: Where is the picture of "Big purple mess?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no... I forgot that one! I'll do that sometime today. Oops!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog