Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Valentine's Day

Well, in light of our recent loss, we've decided to move Valentine's Day to February 17th. This way we not only separate the sadness from the day, but we also have two extra benefits. It's farther away from our son's birthday, and cheap chocolate! In light of this I decided to paint my favourite flowers. Yup, I love daisies. No roses for this girl! Is my husband lucky or what?

It's a pretty simple set up, a dark blue room, a yellow/brown ish tablecloth and an orange/brown vase with a bunch of daisies in it. I'm still working on improving my contouring. I think I remember an art teacher telling me I had to have greater contrast between my high and low lights. This is probably true... working on it!

In yet another burst of originality it is called "Daisies". Oh boy... slow me down. :)
If anyone told me that one of the hardest parts of this project would be to come up with names for these paintings I wouldn't have believed them. Now? Oh my. Hey, here's a thought... how about if you suggest names for paintings. Just names... and then we'll see what comes from them. Might be what you'd think, might not... it'd be an interesting experiment for sure. Leave a title suggestion in the comment box or send me an email jcope18@yahoo.com. I'll give it my best shot!

Ok, now off to bed. Sadly, I think I'm getting sick... so I ought to be in bed sleeping right now. Some people just never learn, eh? Good night!

Oh... new pictures tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Daisies are my favorite, too, Jo. If you recall, I had roses and daisies in my wedding bouquet! Roses are the flower for June!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog