Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

All Caught Up

It is important to me to have all 365 days of the year accounted for, so I painted two canvasses today. This afternoon I did one called "Valentine" and it is a cat posed to resemble a heart. It makes way more sense when you see the picture! Chris has sort of called dibs on that one... the second one is of two bright yellow seahorses. I've called it "Arvak & Alsvid" after the two horses that pull the chariot belonging to Sol, the Norse sun god. I thought it was a fun combination of opposites, seeing as they're seahorses, and similarities, they are horses after all, and in sunny colours. I think seahorses are one of the most beautiful creatures in the oceans.

So... I'm all caught up now and feeling pretty good about it. I think doing the Valentine piece and then the cheerful seahorses has helped to improve my mood from yesterday. Still a ways away from ok about it all, but am getting there.

Thanks again to the management at the Michael's in Dartmouth Crossing... they helped me out with a great discount on my latest batch of canvasses. :)

Until tomorrow (which is technically only half an hour from now)... good night!

1 comment:

  1. Get to bed! lol. You are a pretty amazing women, keeping up with all the things you have on the go. I look forward to seeing the seahorses.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog