Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sick again...

Boo. I do not like being sick. However... it is just a cold so I shall count myself among the fortunate relatively healthy people! Always look on the bright side. :)

Tonight's painting is called "Feet of the World" and is divided into five sections. There are five different scenes and the sky goes from night, through the day, back to night. At the bottom there are feet walking by. It started as an idea of how to show that we are all connected in the world even though we are from different places, have different cultures, and different beliefs. I think it is important to think of how we are all similar rather than to divide into sub-groups. No matter what we do on any given day, every person sees the same sun rise and set. Well, unless you're at one of the poles and then sometimes it doesn't... but that's beside the point!

The idea with the feet was different at the start of the evening... but I changed it to what it is now to make an additional point. Our world has so many different environments or climates, but we are all on the same planet. We're in this together. There's a lot of talk about our carbon footprint these days. Even if you aren't totally up on the environmental issues, you can still see that it's one planet and its future lies in our hands... and feet.

I guess, if you can make sense of my ramblings, that it's very important to come together as humanity to do our best to not just preserve, but improve our planet and its future. Our future.

I could definitely go on and on about societies putting aside their differences for the greater good, but it's late (again) and I'm sick (again) so I think my bed is the place for me. Hmm... I wonder if all the late nights are messing with my immune system... perhaps one day I'll paint a white blood cell. hehe Or not. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog