Total Pageviews

Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday, Monday

I feel a little like Garfield come Monday morning. Ok, a lot like Garfield! It's rather unfair that Monday gets such a bad rap. What if our work week began on Wednesday and Monday was the new Friday? Would it be hated with such a vengeance then? This has nothing to do with tonight's painting... more just that I started today feeling very tired, and after a much longer day than usual (figuratively speaking of course) I'm ending it rather tired as well. It's a very good thing I started this painting last night or I would still be up for another hour or more! I did finish, and it's only 10pm so I might stand a fair chance of getting some decent sleep tonight. :) Yay!

Oh, I know I whine and complain... I apologize. There are definitely lots of moments when I rejoice in how wonderful my life is and just how lucky I really have it. *pause for reflection* Yup, there's one right there! After all, even if I'm tired, I'm healthy and happy. I can spend a few hours painting... so I must have some spare time, right? All together... I guess it was a good day after all. You know, for a Monday! ;)

I decided to paint another belly dancer tonight. My friend Trina. She has been an inspiration for me in a few ways, not least of which as a dancer! When she gets on stage, she owns it. Always a joy to watch... and great to share a stage with her as well. So, thank you Trina for being tonight's subject. I hope you like it! I even tried to work in acorn colours in the background.

A fundraising note... I submitted a letter today so hopefully will hear some good news soon. Won't say much about it now just in case nothing comes of it. Keep your fingers crossed!

So far, this blog has been viewed in several countries... Canada, the US, Mexico, Germany, Russia, Denmark, and I found out today the UK and Singapore too. Pretty amazing! Thanks to everyone who reads and shares this adventure. And now... I will toddle off to bed. Good night world.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne!
    A Canvas a day: Great idea. But what time do you do it?? 2 children, household, studies.... I like Savannah!! It reminds me of South Africa I visited in 2005. Now my trips go to NS you know. See you there in April.
    By the way, someone's reading in Germany you see.
    Greatings from Marburg, Germany
    Marlis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jo. I love it! TOP Dancer, that's hilarious! I like it! You made me buxom, like Dolly Parton! lol!
    On a separate note, the title of this post, Monday, Monday: I was singing this song on this very same Monday, as I had a very weird workday that day. So it was a bit freaky, that I should be the featured painting! lol!
    Thanks again. May have to buy this one myself!
    PS. Jess hopes to drop off your canvases today.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog