Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February 23rd

Is it Spring yet? Just kidding.... I'm probably going to be one of those annoying people who, in a few months, will be whining about how hot it is. Ah well, the human memory plays tricks on us to be sure. After all, every winter this funny white stuff falls from the sky. Oh yeah, it's snow... and yet... every winter so many people act as though they've never seen it before and have no idea what to do about it. Spring is my favourite season though. Sometimes I add Fall, but really, Spring is when things are getting warmer, new plants are growing, the air feels good, the world feels new again... nothing bad happens in Spring. Even if it rains it's just the Earth getting a fresh shower. I like the smell of rain and cut grass. Mind you, I also am one of the lucky few who do not fall victim to seasonal allergies! A few more weeks and it will be upon us. I know this because Spring officially starts right after my birthday. Yes, it's all about me. ;) It's like a turning point in my little world... once my birthday hits it's totally time for Spring... and won't Mother Nature just play along? Usually there's a bit more winter-y weather, but I can handle it at that point because I know, I'm older, so it's Spring. :)

I have no idea where this tangent came from, or why I've indulged in it, but there you are. The ramblings of a paint-stained person, here for your enjoyment.

Tonight's painting is called "Chocolate". It's a mixture of rich browns and it makes me think of my favourite treat. I can almost smell the chocolate goodness. Or perhaps that's just the scent of acrylic paint... who knows? I think I like diagonal lines... seems that a few of the more abstract-y type paintings have lots of diagonal lines. More interesting (and forgiving) than horizontal and vertical. I'm not so sure it's not because of high school math and those x and y axis graphs. Maybe it's my little rebellion years later! Here's a slope... so there! Did I mention I'm married to a mathie? Useful stuff math. Too bad it gets such a bad rap.

Ok, I'm off on another tangent... I think it's time to pack it in until tomorrow. When even I know I'm rambling it's time to go to bed! Almost to 1300! Thanks everyone for reading and for your support. I really appreciate it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog