Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Art Imitates Life

Or is it that life imitates art? In this case, tonight's painting was inspired by the last feeding of the day for my little girl. I had spent a lot of time in the car with the kids today so didn't spend as much time as usual pacing my living room with my almost twenty pound baby in my arms. Great for my back, not so great for my heartstrings. So... we had a slightly longer bedtime cuddle and it gave me an idea for the painting. It's called "Bond of the Heart" and is a mother and baby. I kept them featureless so they could be anyone. I like that better than trying to put faces on and then having it be too specific. Unless the painting is of a certain person, then I think I'll keep it blank so you can imagine whatever you'd like. The colours are warm and deep and I think it looks a lot like how I was feeling tonight. As much as I whine about tantrums from my son, or getting my hair pulled by my daughter, I know exactly how lucky I am to have them both.

With this impending weather I've heard so much negativity from people. Most people are whining about the snow they'll have to shovel, or how cold it is going to be. Um, hello? It's winter. That's what goes down in the winter. Every winter. This should not come as a shock to anyone... we live fairly north of the equator after all! Think positively. Snow is pretty. My son loves to go out and shovel with us... or make snow monsters (what our snowmen end up looking like). He has this amazing laugh when he's throwing snowballs... even more so when we let him get us. Snow is magical in its way. It crunches when you walk on it. It sparkles in the sunshine. As long as we've got power (for heat and cooking) and clean water... really, is a snowy day really that bad? Maybe it will inspire tomorrow's painting. :) We'll have to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog