Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wishes

I've always liked looking at the stars in the night sky. Especially the rare times you get to see a shooting star. They seem so magical... and of course, you get to make a wish! I really love to wish and dream. It's like when you buy a lottery ticket and you get to have those moments (or days) to think, what would I do if I won? I always say, I'm not greedy, I'll share that 50 million with 100 people. ;) It's amazing what we could do. Most of the time I'm sure I wish for silly things, but now and again it's nice to get a chance to reflect that we're really quite lucky. I whine about being "broke"... but honestly? My car is paid off, I live in my own home (still paying of course) and I have groceries, heat, and a lovely family. I'm so rich it's insane! I guess that's part of why I'm trying to do this. My wish is that through my efforts someone who could really use a wish will have it granted. That would make me smile for a very long time.

Tonight's painting is an 8x10... larger than originally planned, but I couldn't get the canvasses I thought I could yesterday, and today was a bit too miserable driving to go out... so I have to dip into my dwindling stash of larger canvasses. I called it "A Pair of Wishes". It's a night sky with a few silhouetted trees in the foreground. There are two shooting stars. One for my wish... and one for the children I hope to help.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog