Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Broader strokes

Tried something a little different today. Chris suggested that I try less finicky details if I'm going to paint some larger canvasses. Guess he doesn't like staying up too late keeping me company (hehe). Anyway, at his suggestion I tried a looser, broader brush stroke style on the background, and then attempted to imitate a brush & ink approach to painting for the foreground. Not sure how well it imitated, but I think the end result is kinda cute. I called it "Out on a Limb" because it features three little baby (we think) lemurs on a tree branch. Sort of stole the idea from an old animal drawing book (sorry, can't remember whose it is, but could go check tomorrow) and added on to it a bit. Guess you'll have to wait until Friday to see it. :)

I want to say a special thank you to my brother-in-law and his fiancee today. Devin and Rachel sent a package for my son's birthday and in it they included a donation for art supplies for me. This is extra nice of them since they're in the midst of wedding planning and so I'm very grateful to them for wanting to be part of the project. I went shopping for canvasses today so thank you to both of you! Painted on one of them tonight. :) So... thanks guys!

If anyone else would like to help out and be part of the project in some way, feel free to drop me a line. You can either comment here, or send me an email: jcope18@yahoo.com This goes for people who have art they'd like to donate, spare canvasses or paint, anyone who might want to chip in for supplies, someone who wants to help plan how to sell these paintings (can always use more suggestions), or whatever. All help is appreciated and will be noted on the blog.

So, until tomorrow... which happens to be Valentine's Day. Still debating whether or not to paint any hearts or romantic stuff... or to leave that whole area alone. ;) Happy thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog