Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Much Better Night Tonight

Ok... I looked at last night's painting and I don't dislike it as much as I thought. Yay... moving on. :)

Tonight's painting was a better experience. Still staring at the blank canvas for awhile trying to get started. Really must start writing down ideas as they come instead of just trying to remember later. A small sketchbook would probably help too. So long as my baby girl doesn't try to eat it!

I did another tree at  night... seems I've got a thing for bare trees. Well, in this case, with some leaves... though they are falling off the branches. I called it "Falling" because you could argue that night is falling, the leaves are falling, temperatures look like they could be falling... and so on.

It's hard to believe that we're nearing the middle of the month already. February always seems to fly by. It also means that I have 41 finished paintings downstairs. I'm totally running out of shelf space for them! Will have to rethink my storage options soon... but I'm going to leave them out for a bit longer. I like coming downstairs and seeing all the different colours and ideas. It makes me feel better when I can't think of anything. It also makes me feel good about not missing a day! A lot of people say it's a crazy/ambitious project... to try to do one painting a day for a year... yes, yes it is. But, on the other hand... what an adventure! I also find it hard to believe tomorrow is Friday... posting day again. Where did the week go? This one just flew by! If anyone has suggestions for paintings please feel free to let me know. Or requests... I'll give just about anything a try. Family friendly of course!

Well, that's it for tonight... I'm going to bed with the Barenaked Ladies doing the theme song for The Big Bang Theory in my head. Over and over. Good thing I like BNL. :) See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog