Total Pageviews

Monday, February 21, 2011

An Early Night!

It's only 9:30 and I'm going to post this and go straight to bed! Yay! I don't mind the occasional late nights, and I'm totally aware that most of them are all my own fault, but when you're sick and up until midnight, you can't expect to feel better anytime soon. But tonight... I planned a little better and now I'm free to sleep :)

My painting tonight is called "Hidden Message". Chris' suggestion again. He's absolutely the better (faster?) one of us at coming up with titles. It's more abstract and I wanted to experiment with layering and swirling paint. I was watching the Belindance Greatest  Hips DVD while I painted so I think that may have influenced things a bit. :) For those of you who don't know what that is, it's the belly dance show that the Belindance troupe did at Fringe Fest in 2008. (I'm in it) I miss dancing SO much so when I found the dvd I had to put it on. Might have been done a little earlier if I hadn't spent so much time watching it! hehehe

Anyway... not too much is new around here. It has been a week since Mojo passed and we're slowly getting better. I still have my moments, but Ophelia (his sister) isn't yammering on quite as much, though she's still extra cuddly. My son is seemingly unaware, and my husband hasn't said much on the subject at all, so I figure he's dealing with it quietly as is his way. The house still feels strange without him in it. I guess time will help. Someone suggested we get a kitten to keep Ophelia company. That'd work if she wasn't so anti-any other animal! She's doing ok I think. Kittens can wait until the kids are older. Not quite ready for that yet anyway.

Still open to title suggestions for new pieces, or subject matter suggestions... hoping to get some feedback. :) It's just nice to know people are out there reading my ramblings.

I'm off to bed... hope you all had a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog